Pages



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Inspiration - Not Aspiration...

remembering how excited i was to discover my photo was chosen for the photo of the month in the local paper.  totally unexpected surprise that tuesday morning!
now readers are asked to vote for their favorite of the top ten photos of the year.  funny how my enthusiasm quickly turns to vulnerability, as my photo is compared to others. 

remembering the joy that was captured on that day as we took in the beauty around us and just played with dear friends. 
remembering my daughter saying, "Mom, look...that would make a great photo!"  and we all clicked away and waved.  remembering the bliss i felt as my girl was able to notice the beauty in that moment.

far away in the sunshine, i sometimes aspire to be a photographer.
i may not reach this aspiration, but i can look up, and i can look down, and i can see God's beauty over and under my feet.  i can look through the eye of my camera and i can capture His inspiration.  and i can revel in the joy when my daughters can see it too.

vote for your favorite here.

"But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding." -Job 32:8

 Inspiration - Not Aspiration - God Calling February 15th

No comments:

Post a Comment