Pages



Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude...


"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure." 
--Sirach 6:14

Gratitude for the sugar and spice in my life... all the girls young and young at heart.  gratitude for my grandmas.  one gave me the gift of faith.  one mothered me with her gentle spirit when my own mother moved away.  gratitude for my mothers.  one gave me life and love.  one welcomed  another daughter into her family.   gratitude for my daughters who completed my dream.  gratitude for my sister who understands completely on those days when living the dream is not so dreamy.  gratitude for sisters-in-law who became my family and my friends.  gratitude for my friends who encourage me to keep dreaming.

Sturdy shelter...made of rubies and jewels...
my friend who encourages me to write.  my friend who doesn't look at me like i have four heads when i tell her words are whispering to me.  my friend, who interprets my dreams.  my friend, who understands my shortcomings and loves me anyway.  my friend who sees me not only as who i am but who i want to be.  i don't know what i would do without the treasured sugar and spice in my life.  they are my soul sisters.
they are my home.

p.s.  oh and what would a home be without some snips and snails and puppy dog tails.  :)

-Home, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

No comments:

Post a Comment