Pages



Sunday, March 25, 2012

Beyond the Lights and Darks...

Committing  to creating something everyday is one thing.  Facing the blank page is another.  It's a white canvas that stares you back in the face.
How easy it is to ignore her and face the laundry instead.  I find myself sorting the piles into lights and darks.  I wonder, where have the colors gone?  The light blue t-shirt...ah close enough to white.  The bright orange blouse...ah darks it is.  In an effort to save on a load, I suppose,  the colors get all jumbled up with lights and darks.  No place of their own.
And I wonder what is beyond these piles.  I will never know if I don't face the white canvas.  She's calling me, but I don't know where to begin.
I close my eyes and whisper a prayer for inspiration.
Inspiration...breathed upon.
God  breathes.  Imagination stirs.


 This week I faced the canvas.  I squeezed fresh colors out of the tube and picked up the brush.  She's not finished yet.  It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment